Cooperation between Jožef Stefan Institute and companies in form of measurements, advising, training, project preparation, staff exchange, joint publications, equipment lending and similar forms is very frequent and important. Consequently, we pay special attention to establishing new and nurturing the existing contacts between the Institute and business entities.
As an entry point towards contractual cooperation with economy, we offer the departments of the Jožef Stefan Institute the following services:
- Organization of company visits and visits to the Institute. We are glad to take young researchers with us to visit the smaller companies, while we kindly invite the representatives of departments to join us in visits to larger enterprises. We regularly publish the upcoming visits on our website.
- We offer cost-free individual assistance and help with:
- defining the topic and modality of cooperation with the Institute;
- negotiations between the departments of the Institute and companies;
- preparation of cooperation agreements;
- preparation of projects for Slovenian and EU tenders;
- analysis of state of certain technology and overview of patent databases;
- assessment and implementation of technologies and management of innovations;
- preparation of non-disclosure agreements (NDAs).
- We monthly prepare the overview of open national and EU tenders, which is disseminated to the Institute’s researcers. In case you would like to receive the document directly into your inbox, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Through the Enterprise Europe Network, we offer information on events and education, on international development and business cooperation, on open national and EU tenders and on open project partnerships. Additionally, through the Enterprise Europe Network we offer:
- Help with finding commercial partners abroad (distribution, transportation, franchising, joint ventures, subcontracting works) by following foreign offers and requests and entering own offers and requests into the Enterprise Europe Network database
- Help with finding development partners abroad (licensing cooperation, technical cooperation, joint ventures, manufacturing cooperation, commercial cooperation with technical assistance, sources of financing) by following foreign offers and requests and entering own technology offers and requests into the Enterprise Europe Network database.
- Help with finding project partners abroad by following foreign requests and entering own inquiries for project partners.
Solving problems encountered by industrial partners.
Contract research is a research of a smaller value, short duration, for which the interest is coming from industry, the problems addressed by researchers typically require specific skills and equipment.
Results: are very important for industrial partner but are typically not independently publishable or patentable but if they are Intellectual Property belongs to the industrial partner, often they are seen as a trade secret.
Contents: measurement, assessmentFacilitating funding and conditions for convergence of technologies to market requirements. Search for partners and funders for the further development of technology.
It is typical for studies in collaboration with industry that the use of outcome of research projects is unclear but at the same time there is a strong interest in the industry. Contracts are of greater value and duration of the research is time-demanding.
Results: are usually publishable / newly created Intellectual Property is suitable for protection. Typically, ownership of intellectual property is divided, as in solving the problems both academic researchers and industry are involved.
Contents: semi-finished prototypesMarketing of intellectual property to business partners under license agreements.
Results: revenue from the sale of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) created by Public RTD Organization to interested industrial partners. Inventors gain material interest.
Contents: sale of a license