The most frequent forms of cooperation between Jožef Stefan Institute and companies are measurements, advising, training, project preparation and/or submission, staff exchange, joint publications, equipment lending and similar
As starting activities on the way towards contractual collaboration, we offer the researchers the following services:
- organization of company visits;
- help with defining the topic and manner of collaboration with industry.
Execution of Collaboration
In the steps that follow, we offer individual assistance and help with:
- negotiations between the departments of Jožef Stefan Institute and the companies and with the preparation of cooperation agreements;
- preparation of project proposals for national and EU calls, where business entities are partners;
- preparation of non-disclosure agreements (NDAs);
- monthly we prepare an open national and EU calls where partnerships between public and private sphere is often sought for (e.g. between researchers and industry). An up-to-date overview of calls is published also on our website. In case you would like to receive the overview directly into your mailbox, write us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- through Enterprise Europe Network, we offer information on events and educations, on international development and business cooperation, information on open national and EU public calls and on open project partnerships, help with searching for commercial partners from abroad (distribution, transport, franchising, joint ventures, subcontracting) through monitoring of third party offers and requests and through entering own offers and requests into the Enterprise Europe Network database;
- help with searching for development partners from abroad (licensing cooperation, technological cooperation, joint ventures, production cooperation, commercial cooperation with technical assistance, financial sources) through monitoring of third party offers and requests and through entering own offers and requests into the Enterprise Europe Network database;
- help with searching for project partners from abroad through monitoring of third party requests and through entering own and requests.
Contract research is a research of a smaller value, short duration, for which the interest is coming from industry, the problems addressed by researchers typically require specific skills and equipment.
Results: are very important for industrial partner but are typically not independently publishable or patentable but if they are Intellectual Property belongs to the industrial partner, often they are seen as a trade secret.
Contents: measurement, assessment
It is typical for studies in collaboration with industry that the use of outcome of research projects is unclear but at the same time there is a strong interest in the industry. Contracts are of greater value and duration of the research is time-demanding.
Results: are usually publishable / newly created Intellectual Property is suitable for protection. Typically, ownership of intellectual property is divided, as in solving the problems both academic researchers and industry are involved.
Contents: semi-finished prototypes
Results: revenue from the sale of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) created by Public RTD Organization to interested industrial partners. Inventors gain material interest.
Contents: sale of a license
In case of any questions write us at email@example.com. We will be glad to help you!