Intellectual property refers to the works and inventions that are the result of human mind and creativity. Intellectual property is protected by law, which, on one hand, enables people to earn recognition for their creative work, while on the other hand allows them to gain financial benefit from what they invent or create.
In order to assure the most effective protection and exploitation of Institute’s researchers’ intellectual creations, we offer them the following cost-free services:
- market analysis in relation to the particular technology;
- preparation of marketing strategy in relation to the particular technology;
- preparation and submission of patent applications;
- preparation of agreements on the ownership of rights and non-disclosure agreements (NDAs).
Technology assessment provides a brief overview and evaluation of potential use of technologies and intellectual property protection strategy, reviews re-evaluated potential commercial value to its current value (important for spin-offing and selling licenses or patents). To facilitate communication on the level of development of technologies we used Technology Readiness Levels, TRL.
Market Assessment contains a list of potentially interested firms, the material is confidential.
We want to ensure the highest possible quality of patent applications. Therefore, the final form of a patent application is prepared by a foreign patent attorney, specialized in a particular area of technology, who, if necessary, prepares the following forms:
- the final patent, model or trade mark application at the Slovenian Intellectual Property Office (SIPO);
- the international patent application (PCT), which is accepted in 156 countries, within 12 months after the patent application at SIPO;
- extension of the patent application to EU/USA/Asia (or 156 countries) within 30 months after the SIPO patent application or within 18 months after the patent application under PCT and Application of model or trade mark in the EU/USA/Asia within 6 months after reporting them to the SIPO.